Interested in Developing for Doom? Click Here to see how to become a Team Member.

This thread laspost was made 30 days ago. Please only reply if you have a good reason to.
CLOSED Help Documents

Hello,

I know this is probably not very high on the list, however, I figured I would give my input.

Instead of the outdated style that MyBB gives, you should design a new page. An all-in-one with expanding sections(think spoilers)

example: 

Posting
Show Content

It would need to be different, preferably without the box that it shows. I will work on the css and html then post it here soon. Give me a day or something. I have to find the time to put it together. 

Thanks,
Allelujah

update: Still working on it. I will be busy today with properties so it may be another day or so.

Nightmare likes this post

I’ve actually been considering concepts for the help docs page, just haven’t come up with anything concrete yet; MyBB default really is an eye sore and I find having to go to an entirely new page for every doc inconvenient.

Will be looking into this for sure.

I've gone ahead and redone the Help Docs putting it all on a single page instead of how it is by default MyBB. 

I didn't however add the collapse ability just yet just because it's 3AM and I just for some reason woke up 20 minutes ago and decided to do this lol, but I will do that later.

Check it out and let me know if you have any other comments on it. I tried to give it some color so it wouldn't feel entirely like just a wall of text for now.

allelujah likes this post

(02-28-2021, 11:16 AM)Nightmare Wrote: I've gone ahead and redone the Help Docs putting it all on a single page instead of how it is by default MyBB. 

I didn't however add the collapse ability just yet just because it's 3AM and I just for some reason woke up 20 minutes ago and decided to do this lol, but I will do that later.

Check it out and let me know if you have any other comments on it. I tried to give it some color so it wouldn't feel entirely like just a wall of text for now.

Yeah, very similar to what I had in mind. Minus not having the collapsible sections.
Maybe later.

The colors fit nicely btw

Nightmare likes this post

[Image: frTUY8E.png]

Closing this thread, whenever I add the ability to collapse them, I will post it in an update thread with other updates. For now it will remain as it is simply because there's only a few Help Docs right now anyway so it doesn't matter much.

/Closed

Remember to keep posts respectful and to follow the Doom Commandments.

1 Guest(s)

About Doom

Welcome to Doom! We are a versatile small discussion community.

Copyright © 2021 Doom.

Staff Online

Doom Commandments

• 1. Thou shall not Scam others.
  • 2. Thou Shall use Common Sense.
  • 3. Thou Shall not post leaked content.
  • 4. Thou Shall not Threaten, or Harass others.
  • 5. Thou Shall be Expressive and Respectful.