Interested in Developing for Doom? Click Here to see how to become a Team Member.

This thread laspost was made 30 days ago. Please only reply if you have a good reason to.
Domains I regret selling.

I went back into one of my old marketplace accounts and saw some domains that I wish I had held onto. I've owned thousands of domains in my time and maybe some of these are just nostalgic for me, but looking at the domain market now, I really wish I held onto these.

Show Content

Anyone else have seller's remorse? Please share!

Nightmare likes this post

Oh wow that is quite a bit. I've owned my fare share of domains as well; I honestly wish I would've kept a bit.

I don't exactly buy domains because they're "great to resell" though. Two I definitely regret getting rid of would be Slyth.net and Demigra.com (Fun fact, Doom was Slyth.net to begin with, but I changed the name when Doom.sx popped into my head one day). I'm a big fan of taking something random or unique that I come up with and giving it it's own worth and identity; what I aspire to do with Doom.

Is reselling domains actually good business/money? I've considered actually getting into it, since I spend most of my time developing sites like this in my freetime anyway.

Oh also, for those who don't know one of my side projects is: http://wurldz.net/ which is just a sort of blog site for members to vent almost anonymously about any thoughts they have no matter how ridiculous, the idea is that there's not many platforms that allow absolute unfiltered/uncensored discussion so Wurldz would be just that; while also appealing to Support Hotlines and having a chatroom for "lonely" individuals to find comfort in conversing with strangers (safely of course.)

I also plan to outdo DeviantArt and Newgrounds, and all competitors with my own unique Art sharing platform after Doom is fully developed to the degree I'd like.

Hehe I know I strayed a little off topic, but felt like sharing a little.

Thanks. Smile Those were my favourites. I used to do it for a living, but it's not very lucrative anymore unless you have a really good extension. 
Slyth.net is an amazing domain. I hope you got a pretty penny for it! I think I remember this place under that domain because that domain looks so familiar. What is [font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Roboto Condensed", Arial, sans-serif, "Apple Color Emoji", "Segoe UI Emoji", "Segoe UI Symbol", "Noto Color Emoji"]Demigr[/font][font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Roboto Condensed", Arial, sans-serif, "Apple Color Emoji", "Segoe UI Emoji", "Segoe UI Symbol", "Noto Color Emoji"]a? That's an interesting one. Greek or something? [/font][font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Roboto Condensed", Arial, sans-serif, "Apple Color Emoji", "Segoe UI Emoji", "Segoe UI Symbol", "Noto Color Emoji"]Is [/font][font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Roboto Condensed", Arial, sans-serif, "Apple Color Emoji", "Segoe UI Emoji", "Segoe UI Symbol", "Noto Color Emoji"][font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Roboto Condensed", Arial, sans-serif, "Apple Color Emoji", "Segoe UI Emoji", "Segoe UI Symbol", "Noto Color Emoji"]Wurldz like a newer FML? Can't believe that's MyBB. Nice theme. I think you'll have no problem beating DeviantArt though. They've been lackluster for years. [/font][/font]

Remember to keep posts respectful and to follow the Doom Commandments.

1 Guest(s)

About Doom

Welcome to Doom! We are a versatile small discussion community.

Copyright © 2021 Doom.

Staff Online

Doom Commandments

• 1. Thou shall not Scam others.
  • 2. Thou Shall use Common Sense.
  • 3. Thou Shall not post leaked content.
  • 4. Thou Shall not Threaten, or Harass others.
  • 5. Thou Shall be Expressive and Respectful.